Where does the time go?
I started to think 'I don't feel any different than when I was in high school' but honestly that's just not true at all. I may not be a totally different person, but every year I grow more into the person I am meant to be, the person I strive to be. I grow and learn and change, don't we all?
Even though it feels as if I just celebrated my 22nd birthday; I've experienced, learned from and grown SO MUCH since that day.
Mainly about myself. About my personal goals. This has been the year to acknowledge who I am and what I'm working for personally and professionally.
A year for acknowledging my self-worth, maintaining my confidence, accepting loss, embracing opportunities and building relationships. Every year is so important and more life changing than we sometimes give it credit for.
For this birthday post, I want to share 23 things that year 22 has either taught me or reaffirmed in my life. I hope you can take away something impactful to implement into your own life.
1. It's okay not to know where you'll be in a year from now.
Life is unknown and that's the fun of it.
2. No one will do it for you.
Sometimes things will fall into your lap, sure. But 99.9% of the time that's not the case. If you want something, you, and only you, have to go and make it happen.
3. Maintaining faith in yourself and in life's path is the most important thing.
I wear a simple silver ring on my thumb and I never take it off. It's just a plain band, but in tiny letters it says "FAITH". It's my little daily reminder.
4. Time is valuable and fleeting, don't waste it.
Utilize every single day. "If you're going to rise, you might as well shine".
5. Cherish what you have today, it might not be here tomorrow.
6. Independence and confidence are always important.
That will never change.
7. Be relentless.
Halfway committing yourself to anything is pointless.
8. YOU DO YOU.
Say, wear, share, be and DO whatever it is that you want to do. It's your life.
9. You're not meant for everyone and that's a good thing.
If people want to leave, it only makes room for the ones who want to stay.
10. Enjoy today.
11. Avoid anything that makes you unhappy.
12. Invest in yourself.
13. Let go of those who aren't there for you, the way you are for them.
14. Criticism is inevitable.
One of my favorite quotes, "There is only one way to avoid criticism; do nothing, say nothing and be nothing" - Aristotle.
15. There is so much power in positive thinking.
16. Nothing stays the same and neither will you.
Life evolves whether we want it to or not. Accept and embrace it.
17. If you want more, you have to do more and be more.
18. Your gut is always right.
Keep listening to it.
19. Be present.
20. Seek knowledge every day.
21. Seek adventure every day.
22. Smile and be thankful.
23. Always remain grateful; life is incredible.
[ SHOP : Silk Robe - it's only $15 & comes in 20 colors! I'm wearing a size small for reference. ]
Thank you so much for reading and following me into another year!
I am starting this next chapter happy and healthy; surrounded by the ones I love and that's all I could ever ask for.
I cannot wait to see what 23 has to offer.
LOVE YOU ALL.